Basic English grammar for dummies / by Geraldine Woods. (OCLC #945962467)
The front matter of this book did not contain the phrase “UK edition” anywhere, so I was worried that I would not be able to use the good-quality popular record for the title in OCLC. Flipping through the content, I did suspect that it might be a British edition, seeing statements like:
- Louis changes nappies but he does not wash them.
- Pete teaches maths and science. (This is his job.)
- Carmen filled the tank with petrol.
I looked more closely and spotted the words “UK Edition” right below the Dummies Man on the upper left corner, nearly covered by our barcode! I was able to use the good and popular record after all.
Also, the book contains many excellent sentences:
- Oops. I bumped into the beehive.
- Into the mud puddle stepped Elena.
- Somebody should use more soap and deodorant!